*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575239-Birthdays-and-Boundaries-What-a-Bonus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#575239 added March 23, 2008 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
Birthdays and Boundaries, What a Bonus!
"Invalid Entry I enjoy birthdays much more then when I was a child. My birthday is on December 24, so it was not a great day. We celebrated Christmas then as well, so having a birthday the day before Christmas meant that I had to share my birthday with my siblings. On my birthday, I got to open my birthday presents, but each of my siblings were allowed to open one of their Christmas presents. It was a bummer!

At sixty-one, I still have issues I am working out over that. I have many issues I am working out, but I think the Christmas issues were unnecessary. I did not get to open a present on the birthdays of my brothers or sister, but they got to open a present on my birthday. It was a bummer!

I am still in the process of learning to set boundaries with my siblings. One brother finally learned that it is not wise to push his religion on Mom or me. He is a preacher, I enjoy listening to him preach in his church, true it is not the fire and brimstone preaching I remember from my childhood, but it is interesting to hear him. I just do not like people pushing their religion on me and telling me I am not going to heaven because I do not believe as they do.

I will listen to what anyone has to say, as long as the person approaches the subject properly. By approaching it properly, I mean do not tell me I am going to hell because I my religious beliefs are different. In addition, I do not like people suggesting that just because I look like them i.e. having the same color skin, that I believe as they do. Most of the time I am overly polite, I tell them no I do not want to hear what they have to say. All thought that could change if the person becomes belligerent about the subject.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575239-Birthdays-and-Boundaries-What-a-Bonus