*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575323-Hopefully-Jericho-will-be-moving-not-dying
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1241026
Thoughts on things from the news, TV, radio, and daily life that hit home with me.
#575323 added March 23, 2008 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
Hopefully, "Jericho" will be moving, not dying.
A Jericho Update

To those of you who have read my earlier comments about the CBS series Jericho (see blog entries 4 and 5), I have an update for you. CBS has cancelled the show again. The final broadcast TV episode airs this coming Tuesday, March 25th.

HOWEVER - there is still hope - a move. For those of you who are interested, whether you’ve watched it yet or not, please visit http://www.jerichotimes.com/ and read the updates there. Then write or email CBS and all cable networks you think appropriate, and urge them to arrange for the series to move to a cable network. The updates on the site I listed above indicate there is enough opening in the plot line of the final broadcast episode to allow the series to actually continue its storyline if that opportunity can be arranged.

There is a historical precedent backing up the idea. In the 1980s, the series The Paper Chase, based on the highly rated movie of the same name starring the late John Houseman (who reprised his role as Professor Charles W. Kingsfield in the TV series), began on a broadcast network. It ran for one season or less, but was picked up by two networks in succession: the old CBN, and then SHOWTIME.

So, this can be done. And I, along with the 10 million estimated viewers of Jericho (estimated by CBS as the number of viewers the show had), sure hope it becomes a reality and that this wonderfully written, wonderfully acted drama series can continue for quite a long time..

© Copyright 2008 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575323-Hopefully-Jericho-will-be-moving-not-dying