*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575488-Reality-checking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#575488 added March 24, 2008 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
Reality checking
March is rolling to a close now and the wedding approaches far faster than I would have thought possible. I'm interrupted several times a day now by errant thoughts of things I still have to do, deadlines I've set that I'm running up against and various last minute reminders I rapidly dash onto post-it-notes so I won't forget them. There are a lot...A LOT of post-it-notes in my bag now.
Easter was a nice break from everything work and wedding - with lots of quality time with the family which was surprising relaxing. I enjoy spending time with the nephew and niece. They are both so amazing. I'm noticing more and more how quickly time passes and how those precious moments are all so fleeting. It was too cold to spend time on the beach, but the sun was out and the winter sea ice was long gone. It was easy to watch the waves from my Mom's living room and think, Spring will be along shortly now. It would be a serious drag to have it snow on my April wedding.
And while I wouldn't say my spirits are high, they are in a better place than they were a week ago. Despite the holiday, he and I got to spent some time alone together and it was very nice. Time alone has been a scarce commodity lately.
My plan now is to keep my head down and be as dilligent as possible to getting things done, staying out of emotional trouble and trying very hard to enjoy these moments for all that they are worth.

© Copyright 2008 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575488-Reality-checking