*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575924-IDK-MY-BFF-JILL
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#575924 added March 27, 2008 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
IDK MY BFF JILL
"Invalid Entry sounds like the newest dialect of the alphabet soup language Americans have used for the last fifty or so years. I don’t think using it caused me to be the poor speller I am. I don’t remember using the LOL or IDK acronyms when speaking, but I have used other acronyms.

The acronyms I’ve used are SASE, ASAP and SOP. In fact, I used the SOP in a conversation once and the person I was talking to didn’t know that it meant Standard Operating Procedure and she was close to my age.

I remember an episode of Route 66 in which one of the characters got stopped for speeding. He asked the officers “GTF, Sir?” The motor officer (a CHP trooper) replied “No, FTL.” And text messaging wasn’t used then because we didn’t have the technology readily available.

I suspect there are other more dangerous aspects of texting to worry about then poor spelling. For instance if a passenger on a CAT bus is SMSing at the same time she or he is getting off at a bus stop the person could miss his or her step and fall down or even get caught in the closing bus door. I’m not even going to mention what could happen to a person driving a car and sending a text message at the same time.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575924-IDK-MY-BFF-JILL