*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576586-Im-over-the-afraid-to-look-syndrom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#576586 added March 30, 2008 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
I'm over the afraid to look syndrom
Jamál (Beauty), 10 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Sunday, March 30, 2008 about 5:16 PM PDT

I have finally overcome the "I'm afraid to look syndrom". I now check my bank balance twice a day. I check once in the morning and once in the evening. I still get butterflies in my stomach, because of what I might see i.e. the dreaded balance. However, I am facing my fear of the problem squarely. I'm no long getting physically ill when I see red so I guess that is an improvement.

You would think at 61 going on 62 I'd know how to make the income and the outgoing come out even. Apparently I have a ways to go for this. I think I wrote a poem called Complaint to my Overdrawn Bank Account. I'll have to find that poem an post it in this journal or in my port. Posting it in my port may be a better idea, because I can get feed back.

The advantage to having online access to my bank account is that I can see the balance anytime day or night. Since a gallon of gas cost more then some of my mother's medication, that is a cost savings. Now I don't have to go to the bank two or three times a day to check the balance (not that I ever did), but at least this way I'm not surprised when I go to the bank.

Now if I could just get all the income coming into PayPal, I could transfer it directly into my checking account.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576586-Im-over-the-afraid-to-look-syndrom