*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576506-Im-a-little-teapot---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#576506 added March 30, 2008 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
I'm a little teapot . . .
Short and stout.

But that's sharing nothing new. I've admitted more than once I'm short and stout.

That's not all I have in common with a teapot, though.

I'm full of water - 78% if I remember my biology class correctly - and I tend to percolate.

Percolation is my state of mind, and has been for the last few days. That's why I haven't blogged or commented in yours much. Writing ideas keep bouncing around in my head.

They mostly pertain to what God expects of me, and how I need to open up more with my faith - a no-compromise approach.

This comes mostly from the devotional book I just finished called "Write His Answer" by Marlene Bagnull and a writing instruction book called "Introduction to Christian Writing" by Ethel Herr.

I feel God pushing me to write about him with no apology. That's scary, because inevitably I'll step on a few toes.

That's how it's supposed to be. Jesus didn't compromise, and he stepped on some very big toes - hard. If I am to live as he lived, I can do no less.

Anyway, that's what's going on in my head. Hopefully I won't let these ideas percolate so long I'll explode.

Now for a Thomas update: He's sleeping in his swing right now. He's in a growth spurt right now, so all he does is eat, sleep and super-poop. Yep, his diapers can't contain his poo sometimes. In the last four days, he's slept most of the night, not waking up until about 4:30am. Whew!

We'll see how long that lasts!

He's also turned into quite the talker. He can't form words as yet, but he does love to coo. I'm teaching him how to stick out his tongue on command. Dave's teaching him how to blow spit-bubbles. Rude, I know, but fun. Anything to get Thomas to smile and try to laugh.

We had supper with our neighbors last night, Wayne and Karen. Thomas fell in love with Wayne right away. He grinned every time Wayne spoke, and was so comfortable in his arms, he fell right to sleep. He also enjoyed Karen - probably because she fed him. Who wouldn't like someone who gives you food (or milk in this case)?

They offered more than once to take Thomas so Dave and I can have a few hours alone. Seeing how well they treated Thomas and how much they enjoyed it, I'll be comfortable leaving him alone with them.

We have a long list of offers for babysitting, but so far only three are on my Okay List.

Boy I do go on and on about Thomas now don't I? I suppose that's normal for a parent, yes?

Thanks for enduring me!

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576506-Im-a-little-teapot---