*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576922-And-that-would-be-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#576922 added April 1, 2008 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
And that would be me
A thank-you to janieruthryals for reminding us that April is Autism Awareness Month:

** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

And read her hilarious entry: "Invalid Entry. Just substitute a T for the K. *Laugh*

And that would be me

On the shore of a mercury lake,
two moons afloat, copper colored,
a third ball warming pebbles beneath toes.
This is how breath comes Zmitri,
in Pendleton Oregon, on the slopes of Dnief,
this is how breath goes.
All's the same
at begininngs and ends of relief tied in knots.
It's hot in the womb-and-tomb of my loss.
I wish you were here,
had a cold bone to hear, a thin sliver to see.
In Davenport Iowa, on the bluffs of all grief,
There is one who would hold you
and that would be me.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [164.556] 2008-03-19

Political Compass:

Someone had this "Political Compass" in their bloggy:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/index

The answers are charted in a Chi Square based on authoritarian/libertarian and right/left economics. It is similar to the mini test the Libertarian Party uses.

I'm -8.38 and -6.31. Only folks like Nader, Kucinich, Mandela and the Dalai Lama (and Gandhi) in my corner of the universe. At least Edwards-Obama-Clinton are towards the center and not quite as far away from me as McCain or worse, Romney. Bush is even further: way +right, way +authoritarian. I wonder where Mussolini would come out? It has good charts on the British political scene over the years and contrasts that with America. Very nice test and good comments. Like: Stalin and Hitler would've held much in common as long as they didn't talk about the economy. Mugabe comes up close to Stalin ... no surprize there ...

I suspect most on-site Americans here at WDC to be around +2, +2. If you find yourself agreeing with me some of the time though, don't be surprized if you are -2, -2.

ME:

Might just hang around home today. Might go up the hill to K.U. if I behave. Lots to do: washing, sorting, tossing, bagging, boxing.

Was able to help someone speaking Spanish who called Indy about her son needing a wheel chair and bath chair. It feels good to be of some use. *Smile*

Steve e-mailed. He's finding places in the $225-275/month range! Maybe????

Last night was quiet downtown. Missed the party on Mass. St. Sunday after the K.U. win. If they beat N.C.? Argh ... I may be in Emporia Saturday. If they win the title? Next week will be a never-ending party. In either case, win-or-lose, they booze.

IMAGES and MUSINGS:


Picked a light purple hyacinth and stuck it in water with a daffodil and forsythia. Spring is arriving late; it's slow.

Juncos still here. Doves, cardinals duller than in winter, sparrows making nests, robins tossing leaf litter looking for food.

Yesterday: the yaw of an elm branch splitting off with the wind. Today it still stands.

Note the red maple blossoms:



Kansas: white puffy cotton floating through a raw 44º.
3628

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576922-And-that-would-be-me