*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577063-Aprils-first-olio
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#577063 added April 2, 2008 at 12:08am
Restrictions: None
April's first olio

Olio, as the crossword puzzle workers among you know, means a hodgepodge. That’s what I have for you tonight.

Funny thing, but I’ve just gotten home from our first spring grief group, for adults this time, and I’m really energized. I’d forgotten that I really like leading groups, sometimes. The children’s group in January was frustrating, and the last adult group I did wasn’t very satisfying either, partly because of the co-leader, a very pedantic woman. Arlene will be doing this group with me, and we work better together, we found out. Yea!

We actually spent the day together too, at least most of it. My car was in for its 50,000 mile check-up, prescribed by the mechanic last week when it was in for a recall. On that score, it was pronounced fine, but it needed all new fluids, and stuff. One thing the mechanic had listed was a new filter, for the interior car air, like a pollen filter but I can’t think of the correct name. At any rate, Bill told me it didn’t have one in the first place, so certainly didn’t need a replacement! Car dealerships and garages—ugh! I’d rather go to the dentist!

So, my car being back in the shop today, I road with Arlene on our 100 mile trek to the patients in the next county. And a beautiful ride it was. We stopped for lunch in Dayton, which is a delightful town with way more than its share of excellent restaurants. They have a five-star one there, the only one this side of the state, not where we stopped though.

Incidentally, this is my 503 blog entry. I thought a blog only lasted for 500 entries, so I’ve been working on the name for my next one. Guess I’ll have to hang onto it for a while though.

Since my car had to be at the garage by 8, I got to work much earlier than usual, and told everybody that it was so nice to be there early, I thought I’d make a habit of it. Early risers themselves, they were gratified to have me see the light, and perplexed when I said, “April fool.” Not much of a joke, but the best I came up with. Sigh.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577063-Aprils-first-olio