*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577636-amazing-things
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#577636 added April 5, 2008 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
amazing things
After a tiresome day that began with three refusals of visits and never got better, I was glad to get home, get my feet up, and read blogs. I got started at my other blog, because of some comments I wanted to reply to, and then began investigating titles on other people's lists. My goodness but there are a lot of people blogging out there! You could find dozens to choose from, even with such (I thought) unusual themes as pagan spirituality, ancient botanicals and pysanky (the intricate patterns made with wax and dye that Ukranians use to decorate eggs.)

Among other things I learned that, like NaNoWriMo, there is a blogging equivalent called NaBloPoMo, with specific themes every month. This month the topic is letters, however you want to take that.

Also, this is National Poetry Month. That fact has probably been splashed around WDC too, but I haven't noticed it.

One thing about those off site blogs is they almost all are illustrated. It's easier to upload pictures there, for one thing. But the quality is different in another way too. I don't hear the closeness between the bloggers and the people who comment. I don't know who these people are. They aren't as personal, as genuine. Or at least that was my take on it.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577636-amazing-things