*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577245-Apres-LOndee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#577245 added April 2, 2008 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Apres L'Ondee
signature made by Jem


I was browsing the Internet yesterday curious to see if anyone had ever done an association of perfume/scent with the Major Arcana of the Tarot. There is a site that lists a few cards with associated scents but not quite what I was looking for.

During the search however I came upon the name of an artist Niki de Saint Phalle. She created wonderful sculptures and has a sculpture garden in Tuscany with representations of the 22 cards of the Major Arcana. She also had created her own perfume line to finance her other projects. http://www.nikidesaintphalle.com

I've ordered a tiny sample of her parfum, and also splurged on other scents.....not to mention that I drove home from the dealership today in my new 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible...so I am feeling like quite the spendthrift....

Some time ago I discovered a website, and a blog, that is devoted to perfume. Now these are not reviews of your usual drugstore/department store scents. These are reviews of the delicious, pricy juices that run $200.00 to $300.00 a bottle. Scents from the house of Guerlain, Chanel, Serge Lutens, Worth, and Caron, to name a few. But the site offers miniscule samples of these expensive fluids and it really is an addiction trying them out----not too exorbitantly expensive.

SW Florida has turned warm and humid and we've had a smattering of rain in the afternoon. Apres L'Ondee----smells like Naples after a summer storm---I think it does translate to "after the storm"-----flowery, green, moist, a little mossy

I have red tomatoes on my tomato plants....I wonder if anyone has bottled the scent of fresh, warm, ripe tomatoes? Demeter Fragrances does odd scents like dirt, and laundromat, and martini....they might do ripe tomato.....


I was thinking I might be able to match the 22 Major Arcana of the Tarot with a specicfic scent, but there are some cards that are decidedly masculine, and I'm not familiar with scents designed specifically for men.

What scent would you use for the Devil?------sulfur?---who makes cologne like that?---oh well....







© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577245-Apres-LOndee