*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577625-read-it-like-its-goin-outta-style
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#577625 added April 4, 2008 at 11:01pm
Restrictions: None
read it like it's goin outta style
So I'm at Rite-Aid today, waiting to buy my Mountain Dew and use them as an ATM (and eff them for being out of The Buffalo News while I siphon funds to pay the rent).

Hitting on the cute cashier is the 2nd last thing on my mind.

I'm at the checkout, looking at the magazines (and no, I'm not pulling a Dane Cook and wondering about so much gum and what I want to chew...I'm alll set).

No, I'm pitying the magazine people. No one cares that Britney Spears lost 15 lbs or got her head on straight, or Angelina Jolie posed for racy pics when she was 16. Who really cares? People Magazine? Mother Eff that. Sorry to use such harsh letterisms.

Seriously.

And I can say that, because even if I had a bucket of blow under one arm and a latte on the other, with a promise of 20Mil hangin on they heads, I know they'd never sleep with me. And I'm cool with that.

As a public we like to see the stars falter. That's why those rags are so popular. No one cares how it happened, nor for the rehab. It's all exploitation. In that as much, it does suck to be them. But does the average person, who'll probably never have a grasp at that fame, really invest in hope besides the $3.99 for the rag just to touch the piece of fame they'll never be able to equate themselves to?

Maybe I'm just ready for a new type of pop culture.

In other fits of my neediness:
*Bullet* I can't decide if I wanna pee or not. Damn Mountain Dew.

*Bullet* Some have expressed random thoughts of worrysome about me, personally. No need to worry. I'm cool. I always get weird at the worst times.

*Bullet* Where the fuck are my manners? Many many thanks to G for the most appreciated and thoughtful MB i've ever received. *Heart*

*Bullet* No naked blogging today. Sorry to disappoint some of you. Im still jealous that Kare can write in the tub. Check his blog, it's on my right, your left. Dude says it all while I'm just shampooing.

*Bullet* A preview! Coming tomorrow, my trip to Canada for a Pearl Jam show.

Hope your night is managable!

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577625-read-it-like-its-goin-outta-style