*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578508-I-hope-your-corporation-dies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#578508 added April 9, 2008 at 4:37pm
Restrictions: None
I hope your corporation dies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmmyslXvqR0

It's a shitty day.

Woke up and it was the warmest morning we've had all year. And it was pouring. So much for that.

Sometimes I have days full of false starts. I leave the house and forget something I need, like my keys or my phone or a notebook or smokes. Or the phone rings. Or I forget to lock the door. Something stupid of course. Today I got halfway down the street and realized the shorts I was wearing had a terrible spot on them and I'd have to go back home and change. Couldn't bother to notice that when I was putting them on I guess. *Rolleyes*

1pm. Phone beeps; a new email. I figure what the hell, before I leave (again) I'll check it. I swear if I was ever gonna regret this feature on my phone, today's the day for that.

The last remaining local chain of independent record stores is closing the location closest to my house. Lost their lease. The other locations are just too far out of the way. The thought of Best Buy being the place I do most of my shopping for music absolutely sickens me. The sterile cookie-cutter environment is not for me, and FYE just tries too freakin' hard to be mall-punk cool that people like me don't feel right in there (besides the fact that a few years back they were swallowing up smaller chains left and right). Last year Sit-n-Spin moved out of the neighborhood; today Record Theater. I'll miss the courteous if not-so-bright staff (Mark Norris and the Backpeddlers sounds nothing like Girlpope or Blur) and the down-home, indie feel of the shop, plus the ginormous selection of used cd's at great prices.

News like this can seriously wreck me for a week. I don't know how I'm gonna tell Dave...we spent hours and hours trolling the racks, burning many an afternoon there. Seriously. Don't fuck with my little world.

Oh, and I get home last night and apparently some of the neighborhood kids were tossing a football and broke my bedroom window. So there's a note on my door from the neighbor saying "I'm sorry" and to "get ahold of me". Fair enough. I'm actually not upset about this; it's only a storm window and I'm pretty sure there's extras in the basement, and the top half was falling apart anyway (finally realized why there was such a draft in my room this winter last week). I'm debating whether or not to call the landlord first; I don't much think he'll have anything to say about it if I can fix it by replacing it with other storm windows, but if there's money involved he may want to replace the whole window (because last year he replaced the back window and two windows on the side of the house with more energy-efficient ones). And the neighbor's probably starting to get pissed that I haven't called him yet. Better get on that.

Plus, hockey playoffs start tonight. Two whole months of reminders that the Sabres weren't good enough. Two whole months of wondering how management is gonna eff us blindsidedly this off-season. Two whole months to relive shootout losses and blown third period leads. Two whole months left of hockey that I'll be mostly indifferent to. So I'm not ashamed to walk around with my Maple Leafs cap on. I really think San Jose's gonna take it all. But does anyone in California really care about hockey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MIRQ6Wghg8

(I realize I posted these lyrics a few months ago, but that was before I was smart enough to realize I could go youtube on your asses.)

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578508-I-hope-your-corporation-dies