*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578594-etsies-and-philosophy
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#578594 added April 10, 2008 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
etsies and philosophy


The above sign came from a blog that is rich in folk art and folk legend. Many of her signs and pictures can be purchased there, and the little homemade and/or vintage items are called etsies. I don't know where the name came from, but there's a site by that name, a cross between ebay and grandma's attic.

I like the sign because it reminds me to look beyond the known and concrete, to value imagination and curiosity as more than, uh, curiosities. It makes me think of my favorite line from the Nicene Creed, "We believe in...all things visible and invisible." That too invites me to remember that our lives, our world, are made up of many elements that can't be seen or measured. Not gremlins or UFOs, but the intangibles like love and honor that make our lives worth living. A spirit of kindness, and of charity, a desire for justice-- these are, of course, just some of the good things we imagine and make happen, such as we can.

Have good, imaginative days today. Try something new.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578594-etsies-and-philosophy