*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578858-Pink-Trestle-Foote-Faerie-and-her-friend-Celia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#578858 added April 11, 2008 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Pink Trestle Foote Faerie and her friend Celia.
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **


ME:


Slept okay. I was very tired. Day dawned grey, so I got to sleep in till 9 as well. *Smile*

Went downtown for Celia http://celiaonline.com/ (and the Trestle Foote Faerie) last night. Lots of fun. Want the picture of me and Patrick doing the can-can? *Smirk* Not getting it! Patrick also played his neck in a duet with Gisela's nose playing. I suggested that some of Celia's clicking noises sounded like crickets, so she did impromptu loops of clicking sounds that were awesome ("In the jungle, Wisconsin's jungle, the crickets sing tonight").

Loops. Celia builds the layers of her harmonizing with herself, playing the guitar or bodhran (the Irish drum), adding clicks and other percussive verbal sounds. It is amazing to watch and listen to her do this. Without backup she can produce a sound as rich as a small orchestra. She also sings a capella, can hold a note, has an amazing range and can project herself into the next county.

Celia showed up with her alter-egos: Libby the Librarian, Gisela Sneezenkopf, and the Trestle Foote Faerie (who plays ukulele and is running for prez these days. Link: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/trestle-speaking-to-iowa-voters/3951161637). She promotes her campaign of "Vote Pink, Live Green" at the West Port Coffeehouse in Kansas City tonight.

Her calendar: http://my.calendars.net/celiaonline

She's in Columbia on Saturday and St. Louis on Sunday. Then on to various places in Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois before the end of April. She's worth experiencing if she's in your town.

I bought cds and a blue monkey hat. I'll send the hat to Gary for one of his sons: Gary (5) or Caleb (almost 2). Cary bought 2 for his sons (who happen to be the same age as Gary's). Speaking of Gary and Cary, I got Cary's father Gary a nice plushy grey rhinocerous (he has a collection of over 400); it came with a book he can read to his grandsons Finn and Oliver-Gary.

We almost had extra excitement as a bad thunderstorm blew in at 7:30 p.m. Over 60 mph winds. At home it even cracked the elm tree further and the limb is now being held up by another limb. It is pointed away from the house.

IMAGINE:

Pink monkeys, pink feathers, pink piglets, pink and black lace underwear, the pink Trestle Foote Faerie!; the whoosh of rain and clang of metal flying; warm cheese enchilada soup.

Piles of championship t-shirts on sale, Jayhawk red or blue, white or grey; warm snow monkey plum (tea); elm flowers getting ready to bloom, their wings expanding; crushed purple hyacinths, their fragrance.

Soon the redbud trees will be festooned with flowers. Maybe even toilet paper like this photo:



Kansas: 43º and COLD.
3917

© Copyright 2008 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578858-Pink-Trestle-Foote-Faerie-and-her-friend-Celia