*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579345-Gathered-in-Ripeness---inspired-by-Georgia-OKeefe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#579345 added April 14, 2008 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Gathered in Ripeness - inspired by Georgia O'Keefe
Gathered in ripeness

I am the shy one who almost escaped this gathering, the child dragged by his mother, forced to pose. I try to hide in her folds, sneak off the edge, turn away as I'm captured in strokes of greenish gold. Among the bold reds, orange and yellows, I hold no hope, seeking only to avoid this ripeness, evade their cold looks. Long after they all are eaten, I pray to be overlooked.
         nine apples
         gathered in ripeness
         one green runt

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.23] 2008-04-12

Inspired by Apple Family -- 2 (1920):
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/pd--10091769/sp--A/Apple_Family_II_c_1920.htm

ME:


Got to the Kansas Jayhawk Parade. Lots of people. Not well planned ... They should've consulted with me! I took some photos, but I doubt any will be good ones. Hard to take photos over and between other people.

Very cold calm night. Nice and sunny at the moment and warming up today.

Called my cousin Betty who when the phone rang told her husband it was about time for me to call. I think he was a tad surprized when it WAS me. We had a nice talk. She told me much the same thing that my friend Rita had put in an email last week. Funny how I am perceived. I don't always see myself the way they do. Still, important to listen when I hear the same song sung again and again by people who have known me for years.

WRITING:

Went to Henry's and spoke with Elijah and wrote two more O'Keeffe poems (on "Above the Clouds 1" and "Abstraction White Rose").

I'm up to page 1635 in my Journal, which means 35 pages since the first day of Spring (which is about right).

IMAGINE:

Blue blue sky, green green grass, yellow dandelions and daffs. *Smile*

The redbud should bloom this week and Marvin Grove will look like this:



Kansas: 43º, a sunshiny morning and warming up! ** Image ID #1329288 Unavailable ** .
3969

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579345-Gathered-in-Ripeness---inspired-by-Georgia-OKeefe