*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579951-Iris-beckons-OKeeffes-Dark-Iris-III
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#579951 added April 17, 2008 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Iris beckons (O'Keeffe's "Dark Iris III")
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

Beware: a couple nasty words.

Iris beckons

Michaelangelo envisioned Spring storms. Out of chaos, the movement of clouds coalescing, marking the division twixt light and dark. Myths say that on the third day, when I was created it poured, petal by petal, soft silk wrapped. By the sixth I was almost eaten by sows, then plucked upon the seventh (what a cow!). In Eden I was the center of all that was sensual till Eve got f***ed. Then we all were f***ed. Even Georgia O'Keeffe captured me thus. In the soft folds of Iris: forces of light and dark ... and the thrust.

         soft folds
         iris beckons
         light dark

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.32] 2008-04-17

Inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe's Dark Iris lll (1927):

http://www.tfaoi.com/okeefe/okeefe12.jpg

ME:


Spinning in place. Breathing in and out. On hold. Waiting for the storm to break and the peace that follows. If I knew more clichés ...

Ate liver and onions, but didn't treat my friends because they didn't answer the phone. *Frown*

Robert, on the other hand, called at 5:50 am and I actually heard the phone this time. I usually don't. Interrupted my nightmares, he did! *Smirk*

IMAGINE:

Redbud before the bloom, turning branches maroon; tracery of green seeds on the elm; orange glow of quince; henbit holding high it's lavender flowered head, gown purple tinged; ash ready to burst, dull gold and brown; the scent and ache of coming rain; the downpour and splash of rain.

Kansas: 65º and skies that glower, then rain and falling temps.
4040

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/579951-Iris-beckons-OKeeffes-Dark-Iris-III