*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580118-the-sandwich-was-out-of-control
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#580118 added April 18, 2008 at 4:19pm
Restrictions: None
the sandwich was out of control
So I'm at the library, and they're having a craft/used book/bake sale. Paperbacks at a price of 5 for $2! Picked up some Thoreau, The Sound And The Fury by Faulkner, and some other collections. And a little stuffed monkey beanie baby thing, cuz monkeys are dope. And who's collecting the money? My old high school librarian *Shock*. She actually remembered me too. I was nervous the minute I walked in and saw her...I was sure she was gonna yell at me to take off my hat as if I were a senior again. *Rolleyes* "You look different," she says. No shit, the last time she saw me was 1993.

I wasn't even gonna come to the library today. I initially planned on blogging from The Deli. It's gorgeous out, there's virtually no wind and it's in the low 70's. Perfect for lunch outside with the newspaper, maybe take a few pictures and figure out how to load them from the card in my cell phone to the computer here. Which, I might add, the library has rolled out (finally) brand new computers, complete w/a DVD/CDrw drive (unlike the old days of last week, which were floppy only). They're so much easier to use too...no having to sign in at the desk or keep renewing your time.

And all of that niceness outside didn't stop me from stabbing myself in the chin with the toothpick in my sandwich. Some of you may wonder why I didn't take the toothpick out first. These sandwiches are so big and packed, they need to be held together. I bled for more than 5 minutes. It was so worth it. *Delight*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktylbc9990s

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580118-the-sandwich-was-out-of-control