*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580328-Dont-scratch-the-paint
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#580328 added April 19, 2008 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Don't scratch the paint!!
Pops called me up last night to see if I was gonna be around today. He was finally gonna stop by and pick up the end table/cabinet-y kinda thing I've been waiting to give him. Finally that thing is out of my living room *Smile*.

Not so fast. If it were that easy, I wouldn't be sitting here.

Obstacle 1: The upstairs neighbor's car is in the driveway. Not a big deal...there's enough room to get past it if we lift it, and it's not that heavy. If I thought it would've been a problem, I would've asked the neighbors to move it. But why bother them if we can get by? Problem solved.

Obstacle 2: Why Dad Why? Dad drives a Kia Sephia. Decent little car. Decent little car *Worry*. Why not bring my uncle's pick up truck? That would've been too easy. Still, dad's convinced we can get it in the back seat. But this piece of furniture is big. And square. And no.

Obstacle 3: The front seat is bigger and opens wider anyway Dad. I've moved enough tv's into cars. I know this. So I push the seat back and recline it. And Dad's banging away with this thing. Angle it! Angle it! Amazingly, the large-object-in-a-small-car concept isn't working out very well so far.

Obstacle 4: We were hoping to avoid the trunk. Dad's got a bad back and don't want him to have to bend and pull this thing out of the trunk. Turns out I have nothing to worry about, because the trunk opening is about the size of a mailbox...not the whole mailbox, but the drawer where you deposit your mail. It rested comfortably, with about 95% of the cabinet OUTSIDE the trunk. Even if we bungeed the hell out of it and secured it the best we could, I'd have trouble trusting him taking it down the block, let alone the 20 minute thruway ride home. I can just see him navigating the curves on the 198 at 50-60mph. Tomorrow's headline: "Elderly Woman Killed In Freak Collision With End Table On Rte. 198." Plus, one never really gets the sense of passenger comfort when Dad's behind the wheel, if ya know what I mean *Smirk*.

So I'm stuck with this thing in my living room again for another week. At least. He wants to try again next saturday, this time with the pick up truck. But I've got plans next saturday...we'll see *Rolleyes*. Now remember, we tried 2 doors and the trunk, trying every possible angle. I'm sure we dinged it once or twice. So we're standing there, and what does he tell me? "I'm having my mechanic look for a truck for me, so when I get one I'll give you this car." I might not've tried so hard to get the furniture in there then! *Shock* Still, it's a free car. Can't complain. It's a little beat up, has a lot of miles on it, but it runs and is in otherwise decent shape. Except for the hood, which is dented like mad, thanks to whatever my dad hit with it. What did I say about passenger comfort? *Worry*

*Note*          *Note*          *Note*
Today is National Indie Record Store Awareness Day! I know! In honor, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HULj4OyA73g
and a little something for my spanish friends (we gotta show them a little amor too!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJSmGMi6keo
For English, press or say "English":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVv5sIY57TA&feature=related

Have a great day! *Cool*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580328-Dont-scratch-the-paint