*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580135-Your-glinting-tongue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#580135 added April 19, 2008 at 5:58pm
Restrictions: None
Your glinting tongue
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

Your glinting tongue

Do you think that I'm entranced by bright gold glints, by sunshine and green-shadowed depths? Your curls are corny, Sweet Thing. But, you're right, of course: the way that you unfold yourself, a calla lily turned face-up towards me, your arms that stretch like lizards' tongues. I'd taste you, darling, devour each corny nub.

         corn stalk
         your glinting tongue
         green gold

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.35] 2008-04-18

Inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe's Corn, No. 2 (1927):

http://www.iatwm.com/200610/GeorgiaOKeeffe/corn.jpg

ME:


Got my hair cut to approximate what it looked like in my old passport photo taken when I was 22. I want to get photos taken, perhaps tomorrow so I can get a new one.

Wanna know what's funny? My barber moved my part to the other side! Took me an hour to figure that out. *Shock* Other than being older and g***er, I sure'nuff resembles myself. *Laugh* I trusted him to make me look good. And he did his best.

I thought of Deb (DDWearsmeout ) *Heart*. (and yes, I did leave a tip)

WATT'S GNUS:

22 is my favorite number; but, the San Diego and Colorado baseball teams would spit on me for saying so (if they had the energy) after playing 22 innings last night. Colorado won 2-1.

Having kept book for baseball in high-school, I can vouch that that is a long 2+ games back-to-back. One player had 10 at bats (three hits).

At least my Orioles beat the White Sox last night (10 innings) to move above .500. After last year things are looking up a bit.

WRITING:

I've done 12 responses to O'Keeffe artwork. May as well continue ... I'm on a roll.

IMAGINE:

Pear trees in full white bloom ... like snow on this grey day, 40 some degrees and freezing; unmown stretches of purple, gold and white wildflowers (weeds to most of you).

BLOGVILLE:

AL spoke about the horrifing murder of a 10 year old girl in Sweden and the response in entry "Invalid Entry. I wrote back:

I hope the Swedes see this as an 'event' and not part of their culture, nor something that they need to be vigilant about (edit: I meant over-vigilant; children should be watched over). The difference between being vigilant and being a vigilante (a vigilance committee assuming police powers) isn't much. Too easy for folks to become suspicious and paranoid.

The U.S.A. did this after 9-11, becoming an international bully because their nose was scratched. Given, the WTC event was aweful for those involved, their families, NYC ... but the response was out of proportion. And the government sponsored fear and frustration (Afghanistan wasn't enough) and how that fear has been taken out on each other at home and on OTHERS abroad has been brutal.

Much evil has been perpetrated to make us-all 'safe'.

StaiNed-House Targaryen in entry "Long week Part two.. wrote about poking her eye with pancake mix *Rolleyes*. I wrote:

A sweet black eye! Or black-eyed sugar ...

In your bio-block:

Welcome to my modest port, grab a light if ya fear the dark! I am stained, god bless my husband, a mom of three heartbreaking boys. I love poetry, the color pink, and Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe.

My response:

Welcome to my over-stuffed port. Grab yer blanky if y'fear the dark. I am breezes and meadows, I'm freshly mown lawn, but everything bites. Oh. 'Tis the lark! I write and I write and poetry comes out. I love orange and green, Basho's hokku, bittersweet French culture, the plays of Ibsen, the novelettes of Vesaas.

I'll have to rewrite and post it as my bio-block! *Bigsmile*

The magnolia is in bloom this weekend:



Kansas: 48º and skies that a-glowering; 78º where my mom and Fivesixer live in WNY.
4058

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580135-Your-glinting-tongue