*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580511-one-perfect-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#580511 added April 20, 2008 at 8:52pm
Restrictions: None
one perfect day
I have finally begun recovering from a bout with flu and bronchitis. David, my husband developed pneumonia during this onslaught but he is finally recovering, too.

In the midst of this my son was ill, as well as my son's father, my ex----but we are are all finally recovering.

I have been sick and depressed, and feeling I really couldn't carry on any longer....and then yesterday, out of the blue, a perfect day.

Went to see my oldest grandson, Kyler play soccer----it was my son Andy's weekend to have the kids----the other 3 grands were there---Andy's friend Jennifer, and Jennifer's daughter Paige. My ex was there and the grandkids great-aunt Cindy came in for the weekend from northern Florida. After the soccer game, which Kyler's team won, and he scored a goal----we all went to lunch. Afterward we all headed to a park near the Franklin Lock Recreation Area----the kids swam, we all sat in the sun, played, snoozed, and had the most perfect day I can remember having in a long time!

When I am sad, depressed, worried about the future of the grands, I need to remember that these little fleeting "perfect" moments exist and I want to be around for them. Of course, I want to be here for everything in between, also----and just need to ride the rough times out.

Peace.

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580511-one-perfect-day