*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581410-A-New-Earth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#581410 added April 24, 2008 at 8:20pm
Restrictions: None
A New Earth
I tried some time ago to read Eckhard Tolle's book The Power of Now and found it boring and incomprehensible. When I saw his newest book, A New Earth on the library shelf I was going to ignore it, but felt compelled to take it home, anyway. I don't know if his writing has improved dramatically or that I am in a different place to hear his words, but the book has blown me away! I have found it to be one of the clearest and most lucid descriptions of conciousness, Being, Presence, God and Spirit that I have read! I have always been a seeker, questioning what our purpose of life is, and what that means in shaping a life. I have come to some conclusions and deeply held beliefs....but this book has crystallized and condensed much of what I have known and sensed.

Of course, it is all about living these beliefs and putting this knowledge into practice day by day and moment by moment.....but I feel a sense of clarity, and joy, and power about how to go about doing this.

Years ago I read A Course in Miracles and was moved by much of the teaching there, but found a lot of it confusing and obscure. Tolle condenses much of the eternal/archtypal wisdom that A Course in Miracles contained into something more intelligible and manageable. He teaches a way out of suffering into peace.

He takes much of his teachings from Jesus and from Zen.....and makes Zen concepts of ego, mind, non-being, intelligible.

These are the true things I have sensed and partially grasped throughout my life, but I feel a fuller understanding after reading his book.

Over the past months I have been depressed and having much difficulty dealing with the family crisis that my son and grandchildren are in. Though nothing has outwardly changed, I feel hope again, and a lessening of fear and despair. For now, that is enough.


© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581410-A-New-Earth