*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581049-Rocio-in-the-morning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#581049 added April 24, 2008 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
Rocio in the morning
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

Rocio in the morning

Dewdrops
in the coolness of the morning
as eels ripple up the rivers
as waves crash hard against Galiza's rocks:
the work day wakens to its task.
But fresh-faced in the hush,
melting through the morning mist:
Rocio's smile and dew-lined lips.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.44] 2008-04-22

ME:


Poetry readings went well. Sara Glass was awesome! Her duet with Natalie went well too. Travis Lawrence Robinett shows potential ("Late November") and Barry Barnes entertained us with his tambourine and harmonica backed political rants. A very good evening. Sam and Dan have done well in planning and pulling off this bi-weekly event.

I'm happier, less stressed. But ... major changes need to be worked out by April 31st.

WRITING:

I wanted to read a poem for Rocio (her name translates as 'dew') as she was in the audience at the poetry reading; but, I didn't have that poem with me so I wrote a new one right then and there and surprised her by reading it for her in front of everyone. The reference to eels is a private joke between us; but, eels are common in the rivers of Galiza (Galicia, NW Spain) and is a known word in English.

IMAGINE:

In the night air: the fragrance of crabapple; the essence of pear; calm puddles; a large dump of dog shit on the sidewalk; watching over us, low in the south-east sky: a yellow coin.

Tulips on Mass.:



Kansas: clear moonlit night.
4182

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581049-Rocio-in-the-morning