*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581226-Elk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#581226 added April 23, 2008 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
Elk
I have to throw this blog entry in this evening also. We went for our walk around the community block a bit ago. We take the big block walk - that goes all the way around the Cedar Grove Community where we live. As we were walking along the road that runs up above the Skagit River and takes us back to our road, I saw what I thought was the back end of a horse, or cow, or possibly an elk off in the distance walking down our road and crossing the road ahead of us.

We came to the end of the road and sure enough there was an elk standing at the edge of a yard staring right at us! She was a 'cow' allright! A female elk, and she was a big one.

We weren't the only ones who saw her either. There was a fellow standing in the middle of our road taking pictures of another elk in the woods there. Then we looked around and saw a few more back behind some houses.

We spoke with a gal we know that lived right there and she said that she and her friend saw the biggest bull elk she had ever seen just the other day on their walk!

That is the first time we have seen the elk in our neighborhood since we have lived here for almost two years now. We usually see them in a field off of Highway 20 heading down to Sedro Woolley. We saw a whole herd of elk in Cape Horn grazing in someones yard one day.

Ron decided not to take the camera back down and look for them because they were heading into the woods by now.

One of these days I promise to take some pictures of them*Smile*


© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581226-Elk