*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582043-The-Saga-Continues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#582043 added April 28, 2008 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
The Saga Continues...
Greetings from the land of rusted Tempos and busted personalities.

It's cold and rainy. I can already feel it's gonna be a long week.

I want to scream. I love my family, but somewhere along the line a few chromosomes must've been omitted from our DNA.

My aunt calls me late last night to confirm the 9-10am pick-up time for my dad's end table. I don't know why, because she was in the background when my dad called earlier. So we set the plans and set up a few other arrangements. All set, right? Like I said before, if it were only that simple, I would not be sitting here.

I make sure to point out that since it wouldn't fit in Dad's Kia Sephia, it would be best to either bring their pickup or even better, their Ford Explorer. "Ok honey," in my aunt's sweet voice. "Love ya, see ya in the morning." Not a mention of anything else. Sweet. Lug the cabinet to the door and go to bed.

My aunt calls this morning to tell me she's on her way. Ahhh, the inevitable change of plans. My dad somehow is destined not to have this thing. *Confused*

She asked me if I heard about my uncle's father going in the hospital and being moved to an assisted-living facility. Of course not; she would've been the one to tell me. My uncle's sister is in town and she's using the Explorer, doesn't have her cell on or something and can't be tracked down. Wonderful.

They roll up in my aunt's Chevy Cavalier. Fucking Cavalier! Are you kidding me? But she swears there's more room than my dad's car. Which is true. But it's still not enough. Uncle Ron pops the trunk after we try the side doors, takes one look and says "forget it." *Angry* Did I mention that part of the conversation involved me measuring the table thingey so they had the dimensions? Yeah. I want my dad to have this thing. With the price of gas these days, it's not exactly cheap to be driving back and forth from the city and coming home empty-handed. Granted, a few minor details were accomplished, but that's not the point. The point is, I'm one bad mood away from taking an axe to this wooden monstrosity and turning it into a bonfire. My living room is large enough that it's certainly not in my way, but c'mon. It's not of any use or value to me, the man needs it more than I do, and I'm bloody sick of looking at it. And it's not easy getting this thing in and out of the house, up and down the driveway, then struggling to jam it into a vehicle.

If and when he finally gets this table, he better have it bronzed or something. It will be quite the achievement. *Smirk*

And the weather's not going to get any better throughout the week. I can already see my mood in the rear-view. The sun went away and took my smile with it. Eh, at least I still have my music. Hope it's sunny wherever you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ1gLYCvcOo&feature=related

"Like just getting out of there is gonna get me outta this."

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582043-The-Saga-Continues