*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583145-an-amazing-feature
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#583145 added May 4, 2008 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
an amazing feature
Bill surprised me this morning with a new oven. He bought it at an auction for $400, and it's brand new. As I read the booklet, I discovered it has a feature I'd never heard of: the Sabbath feature. It is for use on Sabbath and Holy Days when orthodox Jews can can't do any work. Pushing the buttons to turn the oven on constitutes work. With this feature, the oven will come on when it's supposed to automatically. Now I wonder how a person gets around the work thing without at least opening the oven door and placing the meat, in a pan, inside. Surely you aren't supposed to put the meat in a day ahead too?

Oh well, it looks like I don't need to worry about it. The oven measures 27", as does the one we have that doesn't have a working timer any more. The problem is, the hole behind it is only 24". This new oven is considered a 30" model, for a 27" hole. No, I don't know why they list it as 30" when the measuring tape says 27". They must count the trim.)

Now, how to get rid of it and get our money out of it?

Other than that disappointment, it's been a beautiful day. We went to the airport, where Bill installed a new ELT battery in the plane, then drove around to see how the new stretch of Highway 12 is coming, and bought some fresh asparagus. yum.

Then the usual things, balance the checkbooks and stuff. I cleaned out a cupboard and made more room for some casserole dishes. That was good. Filled the hummingbird feeders. Intended to color my hair this morning, but then we had the oven drama to contend with, so it was delayed. Maybe tonight? Nah, not likely. We have a funny movie to watch, Hot Fuzz (not for those who are easily offended,) and I'm reading a good book, Wicked.

Enough for now. Happy Sabbath to you all. Hope you don't need to cook and can't.

*Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim* *Exclaim*
*Exclaim*


Oh, the answer to the riddle I saw at the lady bartender's house? (check the previous blog if you missed it.)

If you were at a baseball game, the score would be five to four, the bottom of the fifth, one out and nobody on. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583145-an-amazing-feature