*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583257-like-a-bottle-of-Celtic-Moonspice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#583257 added May 4, 2008 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
like a bottle of Celtic Moonspice
Prayer works "Invalid Entry for me. I find that if I'm worried or stressed I can't solve my problems. Under stress I focus so much on the problem or the situation causing the problem, that I can't see the solution. However, if I stop and say the prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah I become calm and can focus on solving the problem or letting the solution into my life.

I have two or three prayers I say under these conditions. One of them is a simple two line prayer that I have memorized.
He who puts his trust in God, God will suffice him.
He who fears God, God will send him relief.


The other two are longer. One is called the Tablet of Ahmad and the other begins with Dispel my grief. Of these two prayers the longest is the Table of Ahmad, which I have memorized.

It's interesting that I know the shortest and the longest prayers by heart. I'm not precisely sure how this came about. The only explanation I have is that I repeated to two prayers I memorized aloud several times over several months. In addition, I actively set out to memorize the prayers. I think I'll try that with "Dispel my grief".

Memorization helps keep the mind active and at 61 I need to keep my mind as active as possible. Then there is the fact that "Dispel my grief" helps me put the situation in God's hands, so that I can focus on the solution and moving on. There is a line in this prayer that says "...bless my affairs, and redeem my debts, and satisfy my needs." The prayer covers every situation that could cause worry and stress.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583257-like-a-bottle-of-Celtic-Moonspice