*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584269-So-a-turkey-flies-into-a-bar
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#584269 added May 9, 2008 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
So a turkey flies into a bar...
"Invalid Entry to get a ladder in order to climb into the branches of a tall tree. Once on a branch it jumps out of the tree and glides to the nearest field so that it can attack unsuspecting and innocent people. Which brings me to the subject of assumptions and/or misconceptions.

I have made numerous assumptions and acquired numerous misconceptions during my 61 years of life. Most of these have either been proven wrong or are in the process of being proven wrong. I am enjoying the process of having them proven wrong. I may as well enjoy it because I cannot stop the process.

There was a time when I thought you could not cook a turkey in a microwave oven. I was wrong! Then I assumed you could only cook small (5 or 10 lbs.) in a microwave. I was wrong! Neither the size of the bird or the size of the microwave matters when you go to nuke the bird. You can cook a 15, 20, 25, etc. lb. bird in any size microwave. The important thing to remember here, is to carve the bird before you nuke it. This means you have to make sure the turkey is defrosted, once you have defrosted that sucker then you cut him up. After wards you can put the appropriate sized pieces into the microwave and cook them each separately.

As I write this, I realize that I can apply this lesson to any problem in my life. Simply because the problem seems too large to handle does not mean it has to stay that way. I can carve the problem the same way I carved the 20 lb. turkey up so that it would fit in my microwave. So there goes another misconception i.e. a problem is much too big for me to handle without assistance. After all, I did cut that 20 lb. turkey up and nuke him in the microwave, which was big enough for only a 5 lb. bird..

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **





© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584269-So-a-turkey-flies-into-a-bar