*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584024-An-evil-necessity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#584024 added May 8, 2008 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
An evil necessity
I drive "Invalid Entry, which is a 1991 burgundy (at least I think it's burgundy) Toyota Camry. It has a sunroof that doesn't work and doesn't completely close because when it rains a tiny bit of water comes through the sunroof.

The window on the driver's side works when it isn't raining. The window won't close when it rains. I drive with my window down because the door won't open from the inside. To open the door I have to reach out the window and open it from the outside.

The car is a 4 door, but only three of the doors will unlock. The rear door on the driver's side is permanently locked. I can open both the trunk and the gas cap cover from inside the car. This is fortunate because I have only one car key since I attempted to open the trunk with the spare key and it bent so that I couldn't use it in the ignition. Needless to say I always open the trunk from the inside of the car.

I have four new tires, but no spare. This is because in January I had to get four new tires. I had one of the old tires put on the spare. In February the wind took the elm tree out in the front yard and it cost $100 to get the tree removed. Then in March someone cut too close in front of me and I hit a curb blowing two new tires on the passenger side and running a rim (wheel).

Fortunately, I had gotten the new tires at Discount Tire so it only cost me $40 to have them replace, but because I had just laid out $100 for tree removal I couldn't afford a new rim for the spare. I hope I can get a wheel for the spare at the end of May or beginning of June. In the mean time, I'm going to have to get the car washed so that I will actually know the color of my car.

I can't wash the car in my own yard because of the water shortage I will get a ticket for wasting water. I'll have to take it to a car wash or figure out how to wash it in my garage without having water run down the driveway. However, my garage door won't close because it needs fixing. I could close it manually, but the door is too heavy for me to open and close it that way every morning and evening. The garage door will remain open until I can get it fixed.

I have to drive to work because my job is 2 miles from where I live and since I only work from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM catching a bus or walking to work takes too long. Beside I get reimbursed .49 per mile for gas and with gas prices the way they are every little bit helps. In addition, before I get the car washed I'm going to have to clean it out and remove all the aluminum cans from the trunk and under the seat. It isn't that I drink a lot of soda when I'm in my car, but I pick up the cans other people throw out because I can sell them for gas money.

Even though my evil necessity makes odd noises, has a small round hole in the front window and needs a battery cable replaced it gets me where I'm going. Also, since I can't go very fast with it, it uses less gas driving at 25, 35 or 40 mph then the new cars going down the street 60, 65 or 100 mph.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584024-An-evil-necessity