*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585078-The-Whole-Scene-Going
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#585078 added May 14, 2008 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
The Whole Scene Going
It's been a bit of an eventful day so far. For starters, let's laugh. Nicole told me about this dude, and he's funny. It's worth the eleven minutes you'll kill watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouDRDzqTu0M

I could go either way. One one hand, I want to sit in the corner of my room and drink my face off. On the other, I want to love everyone and thing possible. Let's take a look at the good and the bad that has been my short few waking hours today thus far...

*Bullet* Ironically, after yesterday's neighbor entry, I met a neighborhood (sorta) guy today and made nice. He lives right by the Eckerd I used to work at and was a regular customer. Now I see him at the library a lot.

I was turning the corner on my way to Arby's and grabbed a newspaper, when I see a dude pulling a kid in a wagon out of the corner of my eye. I've got my headphones on...you know how I am about that. He catches up to me and starts talking anyway. He was nice. Personable. Not overbearing. I enjoyed talking to him. Jim. Single parent with two boys. Wifey left him; she didn't want to be a mom anymore. Blew off custody hearings, tested pos for heroin, told him "keep the kids, I'll take the car." I felt for the guy, I really did. I wouldn't mind running into him again.

*Bullet* Meeting Jim kinda made me not mind the fact that I saw approximately 11,825 and a half hot girls out and about the area today, and I only went to Arby's and Walgreens. Arby's sucked because this girl walked in and we had a thing for each other once. I really don't care that it never worked out, and I'm glad she didn't recognize me (how could she with her head up her boyfriend's ass the entire time?). We first met back when I was 18 at some churchy thing (yeah, back in the day when I had morals *Smirk*) and we flirted wickedly but we were seeing other people and let it go. Then we met at a bar years later and we remembered each other. We were making out in the corner booth when her co-worker (and a girl I had been seeing a few years earlier) ruined everyone's night by physically dragging me out of the bar and telling me she was coming home with me. I know, I should be so lucky, right? Not when she starts crying and says you're the first guy she's been with in five years and...that's enough of that story. Coincidentally, the girl I saw today works at the same restaurant now as Vinessa. Niiiiiiiice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlDyETfOLo

*Bullet* If the internet was ten years ago what it is today, these guys would've been the best band to ever come out of Buffalo (and if anyone says "Goo Goo Dolls", I'll stab you in the jaw...just wait, and there I'll be at the end of this entry, stabbing people in the jaw). Girlpope's sound is just of its time...kinda a mix of garage punk power-pop, pre-Strokes, Blur, Weezer, like an updated and less drunk Replacements. Search the used bin at your local record shop and see if you can find a copy of "The Whole Scene Going." You will not be let down. Arguably the best cd a Buffalo band has put out in the past 10-20 years. It's too bad this clip isn't one of their best songs.

*Bullet* I swear to God I have to be more careful. I almost got hit by a car yesterday in a parking lot during a game of mutual admiration between myself and a member of the opposite sex.

*Bullet* And I gotta work on my pick-up lines, because one of these days I'm gonna say something nice to the cute blonde at Walgreens. She was complaining that her co-workers were picking on her. And all I can come up with is "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke"? Damn *Rolleyes*. Gotta work on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhwHuU2dbAE

*Bullet* A threefer today. It's wednesday, why not? Thought I had more, but I can't remember. So I'll stick you with the best song by my least-favorite Buffalo band, head off to your blogs and pray it doesn't thunderstorm today...my Chuck Taylors are on their last legs as it is and I'm probably one good storm away from Fred Flinstonin' home on bald feet. Peace y'all.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585078-The-Whole-Scene-Going