*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585360-snapshot-definitions-of-self
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#585360 added May 16, 2008 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
snapshot definitions of self


I opened a chain letter today. I didn't realize it was a chain letter when I opened it. It pretended not to be a chain letter, rather it promised blessings if I would do what it said. I realized it was a chain letter when it said I had to follow the instructions and send back the prayer rug in the postage free envelope. The reason I had to send the rug back was so that it could be sent to someone else to receive the same blessings and prophecies. It asked me not to open the prophecies for my life until I had placed the paper prayer rug back in the envelope and sent it back, with seed money for the blessings and prophecies was to receive. It even promised another gift if I asked for it.

I contemplated following the instructions, it was then I realized I have a tendency toward superstition. It was the tendency toward superstition that frightened me. Therefore, I did what it told me not to do. I opened the prophecies and read them. Then I wrote about them in Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal. It is interesting that the prophecies it promised were things I already knew how to receive through prayer and meditation. Things that fall into everyone's life who believe and follow the their own spiritual path.

I am going to fight being superstitious. I am not going to send anything back and I am going to list all the blessing I receive in Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal.

*

I think I'm becoming a hypochondriac. It isn't that I don't have health problems, I do. However, today I decided that I had more wrong with me then I really do or the doctor thinks I have wrong with me. I'm going to hold judgment on how sick I really am until after the lab test on Monday.

I do have a spot on my forehead, but I didn't think anything of it until the doctor told me the possibilities. I'm having some facial treatment and she said that might have exasperated a slight cut. If the place isn't healed by the end of next week, then I'll cancel the next treatment and see a dermatologist. I hate the thought of becoming a hypochondriac.

I am going to fight becoming a hypochondriac and write all my fears in Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585360-snapshot-definitions-of-self