*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585447-Mackin-With-The-Mayor
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#585447 added May 16, 2008 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Mackin' With The Mayor
I saw this as the title for one of Deelyte- Chillin' 's recent entries and haven't been able to get this song out of my head lately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkC8l3nJro

So last night was different. Our political party had a meeting last night at the chairwoman's house, so we could plan our summer fundraiser. There wasn't too much of a turnout but that's ok; our meetings are usually on a sunday at one of the local bar/restaurants.

After my stellar turn as chairman of last summer's fundraiser, I don't think I'd mind doing it again. It's nice to get your name out there and you meet some interesting people.

It was a pretty nice day so I walked to the meeting. And thankfully it wasn't too long or boring. Kinda got things out of the way and over and done with. And like usual, it takes us about just as long to set a date for the next meeting as the regular meeting agenda takes *Rolleyes*. Adults have too many things to do.

I usually like to sit around afterwards and listen to whoever sticks around to shoot the shit. You learn a lot from these people. Most of them are a lot older and have seen a lot more. And the mayor always has something to say about someone. She's very nice but she's also very opinionated.

By the end of the meeting it was dark and considerably cooler. No way did I want to walk for 40 minutes in that wearing just shorts and a polo shirt. Knowing that the mayor lives around the corner from me, the chairwoman asked the mayor if she'd give me a ride, which I thought was very awesome, and the mayor cordially obliged.

And wouldn't you know it, but the intersection on the way back to our neighborhood was closed off. We had to make a detour...she was all sneaky-like, wondering what the cops were up to. Of course thinking the worst, or that something shady was going on. Turns out it was just a really bad accident. But still, cruisin' around with the mayor...I'm sure not a lot of folks get to say that very often. Kinda neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erc40wCxRZo

Kinda freaked out a little when I heard this over the sanitary satellite radio at Walgreens. Almost makes me sad when one of my favorite bands graduates to the mainstream. But I have too much respect for Johnny Marr.

So that's all I got today. Hope your weekends all rock!

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585447-Mackin-With-The-Mayor