*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586638-Friday-May-23-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#586638 added May 23, 2008 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
Friday, May 23, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008

         I have to admit this has been one of the most hectic weeks of my life.  After being in extreme pain, my daughter was sent to the emergency room for a CT Scan last Thursday. 

         After indications of a cyst on her right ovary, she was told to followup with her OB-GYN doctor.  She scheduled an appointment and we were given the findings on Tuesday.  Needless to say, we were all a bundle of nerves -- pain, cyst -- you get the picture.

         She was scheduled for surgery at 10am on Wednesday.  I took her to the hospital and spent the day with her.  The cyst was removed and her good doctor found endometriosis, which may explain some if not all of her recent (and monthly) enduring pain.  While we've all since researched that issue, while she is healing, we are anxiously awaiting the prognosis at her followup appointment June 4.

         She may also have bacteria-related ulcers according to her recent lab work.  Her GP ordered more lab work last week to confirm or negate that finding.  We should know more tomorrow.  If, in fact, she has the bacteria-related ulcer(s), she'll be treated with antibiotics. 

         She is currently released to return to work after next Tuesday.

         In the meantime, her OB-GYN doctor has prescribed medication to alleviate the pain; and she is 100% better than she was yesterday at the hospital immediately after surgery when she had to have a double-dose of morphine.

         Now that we somewhat know what is going on with her, calming and exhaustion seems to have replaced "pins and needles."

         I missed a day-and-a-half of work this week due to stomach upset and  spending one day at the hospital.  This evening when my daughter asked me to see if I could get off on Friday to spend the day with her and watch her boys, I had to decline... unless it becomes imperative, I quickly assured her.  After surgery on Wednesday, I was gladly anticipating helping her all day Thursday if necessary, but she and her husband made other arrangements and I wasn't needed.  Today, I am physically and emotionally spent and not up for the challenge.  God, help them understand.

         I ran some errands for Clarissa today on my lunch hour and on a break at the office.  When I saw Clarissa, though she was resting, she seemed to be recovering quickly and more like her normal self.  We are blessed.

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586638-Friday-May-23-2008