*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586766-When-it-rains
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#586766 added May 23, 2008 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
When it rains...
it sure as hell pours. On top of having some personal things going on, and the employee who shows when he feels like it, we got some devastating news from Lebanon. R's nephew was in a serious accident.

Driving down the mountain where we live in Bshamoun, his car went over the cliff and down into the valley below. He sat there for an hour before someone finally spotted him. And when the got to him, did they help? Sure, after they stole his wallet. Who does that crap? Did they just assume he was going to die and wouldn't need the contents of his wallet? The more I think about it, the more sick to my stomach I become. It breaks my heart that we live in such a disgusting world.

I've seen pictures of the car, and it's a total loss. Hamoudie has a broken neck, six breaks in his back, and a skull fracture. They say that it will take 7 months for the injuries to his back and neck to heal. There is no prognosis at this time for the injury to his brain. Being so far away when you're needed really sucks. There is nothing we can do but sit and pray.

Sending your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

TTFN

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586766-When-it-rains