*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586903-Hold-it-now
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#586903 added May 24, 2008 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Hold it now...
Ahhh, just wondering what to do today, since rhyme doesn't pay...

Gah, I've never been more so frustrated with Rolling Stone magazine in my life. Seriously, who listens to The Eagles anymore? Why is Don Henley on the cover in an old-skool Boy Scout uniform? Aren't these guys dead yet? Go back to your Hotel California, you washed up has-been Desperados. Joe Walsh snorts coke like I snort oxygen. The Seventies called...they want their soft-rock back. Who do you think you are? The heat is gone, Glenn Frey. You don't put out a record for like, 30 years, and then decide to come back with a new cd and only sell it in Wal-Mart??

That last sentence made me throw up a little in my mouth as I typed it. I will not even qualify my anger by posting a link to rolling stone dot com. I always liked Spin magazine better anyway.

This is way more fun anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F-Rsx4o7TA

I know you've been waiting awhile for this:
WALGREENS GIRL UPDATE
I walked in, grabbed my newspaper and slashed legs over to the cooler for a fresh Mountain Dew (yo, did you know they make a Strawberry Melon Mt. Dizzy now?? No joke, it's impressive.) to start my day off right. Old lady at one register, pretty teenager at the other. No sign of CWC (cute Walgreens chick) anywhere, and since I need nothing else from this establishment, I wait in line. Get in, get my shit, get out. I get the old lady. Damn.

As I'm making my $2.06 restitution, I hear bellowing from the other register behind me. "Why didn't you come into my line to cash out??" Ahhh...ummm..."Because I didn't even know you were here" I retorted, telling CWC I wasn't gonna go looking all over the store for her (I'm trying to win her over, not stalk her for chrissakes). Plus, I did not need anything specifically from her station in the cosmetics section. Well, besides her smile, but she doesn't need to know that today, plus like I said I didn't even know she was there, and I'm not about to make an ass outta myself hitting on her in front of 2 or 3 of her co-workers. I can make an ass outta myself by myself without personal or physical props, thank you.

She said she couldn't help it that she's so good they make her work all over the store. I asked her why she wasn't runnin' the joint. She rolled her eyes and said "don't ask." I left it at that with a laugh and made my way out the door. Collecting my chips my friends, collecting my chips. I wanna make sure when I'm ready to cash in there's plenty of guaranteed bank, know what I'm sayin'?

Other than that, there ain't much else happenin' in the 'Lo today. Nice weather. Nice people. Gotta find out why there were mad wicked sirens pretty much all the way home yesterday, blaring for about 10-15 minutes straight. If you're celebrating Memorial Day early this weekend, tip one back for me. If you're not celebrating Memorial Day, you're In Your Dirtiest Pants . But if you're In Your Dirtiest Pants , you don't need a U.S. holiday for an excuse to celebrate. And if none of these apply to you...then I really can't help you. Peace, I'm out.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586903-Hold-it-now