*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587344-Chapter-11
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587344 added May 26, 2008 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 11
Chapter 11


DiBianco needed his laptop. It was where he kept his contacts, his research, writings, thoughts, memories. He was lost--empty--without it. He was suddenly thankful he had forgotten it at home that morning.
         Dropping the shifter into second gear, DiBianco gunned it, sending the beast banking sharply onto Kirkland Street, nearly hitting a pedestrian while she mindlessly crossed the intersection.
         DiBianco slammed on the breaks sending the Mustang into a brief tailspin, then stared at the young woman in astonishment. "Crystal?" He yanked the E-break and stormed out of the car, his eyes fixed on his young student. Her eyes were unnaturally blue, her smile, bright, yet her body was bruised, beaten ... scourged. It was evident she had wondered off from ground-zero.
         She was in shock.
         "Are you okay?"
         She said nothing. She just smiled.
         He grabbed her by her middle and carried her to the car, laying her inside. She had tried to walk, but her feet did more dragging than walking.
         "We need to find help." He buckled her in the passenger's seat, ran around to the drivers seat, released the break, and threw the shifter into first gear. The Mustang lit a smoking flame in its path and they catapulted down Cambridge Street with little time wasted.
         "They have her," she said, finally.
         "Sorry?"
         "Your girlfriend. She's with them."

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587344-Chapter-11