*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588132-Ten-of-Cups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#588132 added May 30, 2008 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
Ten of Cups
butterfly image




In a Tarot deck the 10 of cups card represents earthly happiness and fulfillment. If I were creating my own Tarot deck I would design the ten of cups card with golden bowls overflowing with all manner of succulent food and drink. I am a foodie. My hometown of Naples, Florida boasts an organic restaurant and grocery named Food and Thought. My own life's motto could be summed up with the phrase Food and Remembrance.

My earliest memories are of trekking with Mom through the restaurants of Pittsburgh's ethnic SouthSide for the best burger, the ultimate pizza, the perfect pierogi.
A backpacking trip to Europe is called up by visions of a paella in Barcelona, a cognac in Paris, fries and mayonnaise sauce in Amsterdam. My Vegas wedding didn't have an Elvis impersonator, but we celebrated with a slice of Emeril Lagasse's chocolate banana cream pie. My husband brings me watermelon and longons, not roses.

"No Roses

My best friends are the kind of people who will do an early-morning road trip to South Beach to have breakfast at Big Pink. My pals and I once made a chef roar with delight in the kitchen when she noticed we had swiped the dessert plates with our fingers. It delights me that my grandchildren like sushi and crave kalamata olives.

And while it is true that I never met a book I didn't like, I like it better if it has recipes.

I am an unrepentant, born-again foodie.




My hometown newspaper, the Naples Daily News is looking for new food critics and has invited readers to submit an essay of 300 words or less describing why you should be the next critic. My entry is above....wish me luck....I would love, love, love.....
to have this assignment.



tarot ten of cups






© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588132-Ten-of-Cups