*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588234-Theres-a-gap-in-her-synapses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#588234 added May 31, 2008 at 1:22pm
Restrictions: None
There's a gap in her synapses.
Choke on this while I try to figure out how I'm gonna say what I have to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scEIC5bG1Yk&feature=related

Now that you're thoroughly depressed (and trust me, I was listening to this while reading Z.˚rz 's entry yesterday and afterwards I wanted to swallow a knife), I have a story I'd like to share. It's not a fairy tale and the ending isn't very happy.

I got out of the shower this morning and went to put on deodorant. That's not the story, but it's an integral part. I hate it when you run out of deodorant and it just kinda crumbles on your pits. I thought I had another stick. Nope. Had to dig around for the travel-size stick I had somewhere, cuz I had some big plans! Had to not stink.

Running out of deodorant was good. It validated my reason for going to Walgreens for something other than a newspaper. And a certain CWC. Here's where shit gets interesting. Almost.

I grab the paper and try to find which aisle the deodorant is. And sure enough she's sitting at the end of the aisle working or something. I make a joke about her being on the floor and she asks me what I'm doing here. "I'm just buying deodorant..." She says "Well, that's good!" Yeah. Then my charm kicked in and I said "Yeah, then I'm goin' to lunch next door. You should join me sometime. It'll be good times" and headed over to get a beverage. "Ya think?" she asked, in what wasn't a bad tone, but kinda like a "Uhhh, yeah, duh, I'm hot shit" tone. Grabbed a few other things and walked past her on my way to the check-out. Out of my way, of course. I lied up above...now here's where shit gets interesting.

She asks me if I'm ready to check out and I say sure. Walk over to the cosmetics counter. She starts looking at my magazine and we're talking. She's seen me walking around before. She recognized me from my hat and backpack. Apparently she doesn't live that far from me. Somehow the topic got changed to Florida and her parents in Miami and my sister's in Tampa and how she's been there often enough that she's got some friends down there, and how this little 6 year old Dominican boy has a crush on her and they're gonna be pen pals and...

This is where I grab my meat and potatoes, slam 'em on the counter and drop this: "Yeah, he probably gets all excited when the 'pretty lady' comes around."

We talked for a few more minutes maybe before she had to get back to work. "Go eat your lunch, I'll see ya soon."

Damn. Seed firmly planted. She didn't say no, but she didn't say yes. If someone doesn't say yes, then that's a no, right? This is turning into a mindfuck of epic proportions. A chess match. If it's aggrivating for you to read about, it's aggrivating tenfold living it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmxyj6iInMc

I'm not gonna let this ruin my day. I'm not gonna think about it. I'm not gonna think at all. Have a great weekend.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588234-Theres-a-gap-in-her-synapses