*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589978-checking-in-briefly
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#589978 added June 9, 2008 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
checking in briefly
Just so you'll know I'm still around, even though I haven't even been reading blogs for the past week, let alone writing! I've been ebaying, a frustrating task. I had bids on six out of 8 items, and then discovered I hadn't measured an inseam and the pants had evidently been shortened. I sold one pair listed at 30" and had to contact the buyer and tell him the unfortunate discovery. Now I've relisted them, just shorter.

I was afraid I'd listed a pair that Bill was wearing!

It's a nuisance to find boxes to pack things in, but if you're not making much anyway, that's what you have to do. Sigh.

I listed my first of Mother's sterling tonight. It's called a marriage cup, and even though I have no use for it, it's very pretty. The thing is, I can't keep all her things, even if they are pretty, and I know I value them higher than someone is willing to pay, which is not exactly the same thing as what they're worth. I am too attached to things.

I could try to rewrite this and make it clearer, even humorous, but a flat of impatiens is getting impatient to be planted and night is drawing nigh. *Flower3**Flower5*

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589978-checking-in-briefly