*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590640-such-a-good-excuse
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#590640 added June 12, 2008 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
such a good excuse
I have to write tonight, even if not for long, to tell you about the marvelous excuse I had for not writing last night!

As he was driving home from work, Bill saw a new neighbor working in his yard, and called to him to come over "for a cold one." He forgot to mention it to me, maybe thinking it wouldn't happen, and I was fussing with my ebay sales and then chopping things to make stir fry. A total mess, that is to say. And the doorbell rings.

I have to tell you, this was the best looking hunk of man I can remember seeing! Tall, muscular, tan, great legs, honey brown eyes, a smile, and the cutest Australian accent. His name is Clive, and he declined coming in because he was dirty from working in the garden. So we had some gin and tonics on the deck and talked about birds, gardens, and flying. He's our new county agent, and the house he just bought across the street has a creek running beside it. He said he's been surprised at how many kinds of birds he's seen by the water.

He was delightful, and I could feel a little spark in me I haven't noticed in a long time. Flirty. Silly, I know. He's probably twenty years younger than I am, etc. But fun. And yes, he's single. *Wink*


© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590640-such-a-good-excuse