*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593184-Two-of-Coins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#593184 added June 26, 2008 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Two of Coins
The two of coins represents a situation that is not flowing...."limitations". I resigned my job a week ago today....would have given the company till Monday...but was told my resignation was effective immediately.

And then on Tuesday...my husband came home with the news that he had been let go from his job. He has worked at an irrigation supply company, and business has been slow.

Limitations, indeed!

I have already found a part-time position...I am targeting assisted living facilities....that's the core of my nursing experience. I will be working Sat. and Sun. 7-3 shift....and hopefully filling in more. I also plan to look for some private duty and agency nursing. Hopefully, in time, something full-time and permanent will emerge.

Concerned for my husband, though. SW Florida is experiencing an economic downturn....due to the mortgage crisis, and the rest of the declining economy. Hopefully, something will shift for him, too.

I just wonder if we aren't all teetering on the brink of economic disaster. It feels that way to me, and not just from my own personal perspective. Many people in this community are affected by this, I'll say the word, RECESSION.

We are lucky and have some savings, but that won't last forever.

I am staying strong and optimistic.....can't really afford to do otherwise.

Blessings!

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593184-Two-of-Coins