*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594563-Chapter-4-of-the-boy-with-the-golden-head
by Asrah
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1444022
It's shining amongst the rest...
#594563 added July 4, 2008 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4 of the boy with the golden head
Luckily for me, An elderly female garderner passed by the gates and noticed me.

I was too much in a daze to notice her untill she came up to me and spoke to me, which made me jump up in surprise.

"My dear girl, It is already close to four, what are you doing outside the school gates?" She hushed through the bars.

I thought for a moment then replied,

"Mam, I don't even know why myself."

She giggled a little laugh which she tried to surpress with covering her mouth with a gloved hand.

"When I was attending the daisies, I thought you were just one of the students walking by. But then you've been standing at Sorahaku's West gate for minutes ,then i grew quite suspicious."

I blushed with shame, but then quickly responded with a wake of thought.

"What do you mean 'West gate'? Am I not at the main gate?"

The dear garderner pulled up her flowery straw hat and pointed to her left.

"Honey, if you should continue around the perimeter of the brick wall towards your right direction, you should be able to reach the North-gate, which is in fact your main gate."

She nodded at my astonsihed face.

"This school has 4 gates. The main one, South gate, West gate and East Gate. The main gate opens all the time but the rest opens only during the morning. Now do hurry along unless you want to be late."

"Thank you so much!" I said with a sincere bow of my head and I ran off to my right, along the path and the tall brick wall covered in Ivy alongside it that never seemed to end.

Sorahaku high school...

Exactly how big is this school?
© Copyright 2008 Asrah (UN: asrah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Asrah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594563-Chapter-4-of-the-boy-with-the-golden-head