*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594566-Chapter-5-of-the-boy-with-the-golden-head
by Asrah
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1444022
It's shining amongst the rest...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#594566 added July 4, 2008 at 8:25am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5 of the boy with the golden head
"I'm HERE!" I screamed in exasperation when I reached the main gate actually screaming with joy, causing some pupils who were observing the peace within the school's front yard turn their attention on me instead.

But who cares? What did they know about getting lost for a good solid 6 hours?

I ran along the stoned path to the office to get myself registered, my hair band dropped, leaving a black mane to flow freely at my back.

Like a horse, I galloped towards the office door and opened it, to see it warmly lighted and, beautifully furnished with the most exquisite western ornaments.

This is an office? I wondered in awe to myself.

Then I felt someone looking at me.
Sometimes you can just feel that someone is looking and observing you, it's almost psychic.

As i turned and looked around, She was behind the counter.

Her name plate read, ' Kates Yokohase'

Is she a foreigner? I wondered.

A slim-faced lady that had an exotic feature about her nose, had her hair tied neatly in a bonnet turned to study me peering under a lovely pair of red glases that were adorned with swirly black rimmings.

"And you must be..." She said, with a sharp tone.

"I'm Sayoko Hinateno from Okinawa. Nice to meet you, Ms Yokohase."
I greeted, with a bow.

"Ahh..." She sighed as she turned her chair to reach for a emerald-green file behind her and write something in it.

"You are unbelievably late for an A-student."

I felt my cheeks flush red instantly as I looked to the ground, My black hair draping alongside my upright and stiff shoulders.

"Never mind the excuse," She snapped as she stood up from her chair,lazily stretching her back,it was as if she knew I was going to explain to her the reason why I was late.

"Let me bring you to your dorm." She said as she ushered me gently out of the office door.

"Gretel, can you be in charge here while i'm gone? I'll be back soon" Ms Yokohase anounced.

"Sure, anything." Came a cheerful reply, and another woman appeared,

LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE MS. YOKOHASE!

except this one had a mole on her right chin.

On the walk upon the long corridoor, the was filled with the sounds from confident steps Ms Yokohase strided in with her black high heels.

"Was that your twin sister?" I asked, looking admirably at her, knowing well a figure like hers was well a model's.

Ms Yokohase turned her eye to look at me cooly and then turned it to look forwards.
"Well," came her reply, "What do you think?"

I felt a sting of redness coming to my cheeks as I nodded.

What a silly question!

"Oh yes," Ms Yokohase slurred as she rubbed her chin with her thumb. I looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

"Welcome to Sorahaku High School." She said, with no emotion whatsoever instilled in.

But it warmed my heart as I smiled and nodded my head profusely.

Yes...

Welcome to sorahaku high school. I told myself.

© Copyright 2008 Asrah (UN: asrah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Asrah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594566-Chapter-5-of-the-boy-with-the-golden-head