*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595639-Cheesehead-Logic--The-Favre-Retirement-Dance
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#595639 added August 1, 2008 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
Cheesehead Logic & The Favre Retirement Dance
Use those little cheeseheads you've stocked with mounds upon mounds of Packer logic and ask yourself, 'just what is going on?'

Brett Favre has been doing the retirement song and dance for about three years now. What does he really want? It seems like the quarterback and Packer GM Ted Thompson are caught on this carousel that spins faster and faster daring the other to jump off before it's too late.

Favre seemed genuine when he retired. He hasn't publicly said he wants to come back and play, but everything being rumored now would suggest that he wants another year at the helm. And now it appears Thompson has a public relations nightmare on his hand. Does he wait it out and hope it goes away? Does he hope for the court of public opinion to come into play?

The longer Thompson drags his feet, the worse it will get. It looks like the Packer boss forced Favre's hand to make a premature retirement announcement. Favre took responsibility at the time, saying it was his decision. But, did he have a sense of obligation to the organization? He owed it to himself to really take in what happened and make a better decision that the hasty retirement that now makes the situation more perplexing.

The Packers took not one but two quarterback draft picks. Do we deem these wasted if Favre wants to return? Thompson might want us to think so. He decided to rush the Favre retirement ceremony to the first game of the season, which would have been heir apparent Aaron Rodgers big debut. Too big of a shadow and more grist for the mill that Thompson has been running Favre out of town since taking the apparent as his number one draft choice in 2005.


For more on Favre, see my previous blog for reactions to his March retirement annoucement.."SuperNova Afterglow: End Of Days [18+]

© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595639-Cheesehead-Logic--The-Favre-Retirement-Dance