*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596087-Cloudy-all-day-and-it-still-didnt-rain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#596087 added July 13, 2008 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
Cloudy all day and it still didn't rain
Jamál (Beauty), 1 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Saturday, July 12, 2008 about 10:22 PM PDT

The sky was cloudy all day, but it didn't rain. The humidity is up and it's muggy. The air conditioner hasn't turned on very much because with the clouds it's cooler, but it feels hotter then usual. To me it feels hotter, but the humidity doesn't seem to affect Mom like it does me. I think I'm breaking out in a heat rash.

The Feast of Words is scheduled for July 13 at 7:00 PM at the Baha'i center. Since sunset is around 8:00 here, the Feast of Kalimat (Words) will be held on the first day of the month. I'm going to pick out the readings, but I don't know what the theme is as yet. I'll select the reading first thing in the morning, after I've had a couple of cups of coffee. I can't seem to do anything without coffee anymore.

If I don't have my coffee in the morning, I may as well stay in bed. I just can't seem to get going without at least three cups of coffee. It doesn't matter how hot it is, I have to have a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning. I drink my morning coffee black, no cream and no sugar.

A Blues Song


I want to listen to a blues melody,
the wind weeping through the cottonwood trees;
mourning doves crying because of love.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596087-Cloudy-all-day-and-it-still-didnt-rain