*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597215-Where-do-I-begin-to-begin-again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#597215 added July 18, 2008 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
Where do I begin to begin again?
I'm pretty sure that's a line in something I wrote once.

7/08 Just a shot of me outside.

Just something I was funning around with the other day.

My fundraiser last night...kinda lame. I didn't get stuck behind the grill; I got stuck bunning and running...taking the hot dogs, hamburgers and sausages off the grill, putting them in rolls, and running them into the pavillion. Which wasn't easy, because for some reason the way we set up the tables in the pavillion made it very difficult to get to the food table. Plus, as I was so keen to notice this morning, I singed a lot of forearm hair on my right arm gathering food by the grill.

But it was still a good time and we had a good turnout, even if my duties setting up, helping out and cleaning up left me little time to do any mingling. I'm hoping the ass-busting I did yesterday covers up the fact that I only sold one ticket...to myself.

So I go to Walgreens this afternoon, and that was way too freakin' stinkin' interesting. Made my lap around and Jess was there with some other worker having some sort of discussion/arguement/recipe exchange with a non-pleasant looking customer, which even included someone using the overhead paging system to call a manager. So I walked by and waited in the main line. Ooooohh did that cause some shit.

I went to the main line because the easiest way to pay my cell phone bill is with prepaid cards (until the T-Mobile store down the street gets fully set up to take bill payments) and that's where there cards live. Made my purchase and (I think I may retitle my entire blog WTF??!?) I'm about to pass the first set of sliding doors when I hear a commotion. Someone keeps yelling "HEY! HEY! Get back here!"

*Confused* I turn around, and it's Jess. And she's made her way from the cosmetics area to the front of the store screaming for me. And I'm too fucked up from puking for no apparent reason this morning to be concerned.

"What was that? You walk by my counter, don't even say hi, then cash out up front? What's that about?"

"Sorry, you looked busy." She did! I swear!

And with that, a complete 180 degree topic change that I never saw coming, after she asked how my fundraiser was and what it was for and how I stumped her on why I only sold one ticket (which for once makes me look a little smarter than her...a point I've been needing to make for a long time, that I have at least some intelligence).

"I almost texted you last night, to apologize for not calling you the other night."

I didn't puke that much to not remember her saying she was going to call me anytime soon, unless that's what she means when she says pointedly "I'll talk to you later." I think I said something like "you should've" and she told me she was off tomorrow, so I said I wasn't coming in. She goes "yeah, right" all sarcastically and I'm hoping I don't feel the need to toss my stomach contents again. Really wish I knew what the stomach drama was about.

And I wish I knew what was up with this chick. Chasing me across a store, making a scene, threatening to text me...this drama's getting a little...ummm, WTF-ish. But as soon as that text or phone call or anything comes through, I'm on that like dust on my bookshelf. And if I happen to be IM'ing or texting and just disappear or cut an email short in mid-sentence, you'll know why. Til then, I'mma try to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do with the rest of my weekend, try to get caught up on some things, suck down water like it's the antidote and keep on keepin' on. I suggest y'all do the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afX6VYn48KE
Still can't get the song out of my head. Fantastic, amazing stuff.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597215-Where-do-I-begin-to-begin-again