*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597545-As-evening-approaches
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#597545 added July 20, 2008 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
As evening approaches
Jamál (Beauty), 8 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Sunday, July 20, 2008 about 4:34 PM PDT

As evening approaches,
I look at the way my life has changed in the past year.


Well, that is as far as I've gotten on that poem and I have no idea where it's going. I think I was going to write something about happiness, but I suddenly realized I'm not sure that, as an adult, I have been happy. As a child, I was happy with my grandparents. The few memories I have of my father are laced with happiness, but as an adult I don't think I've been happy. I could, of course be wrong about that, I'm going to have to review some of the adult memories and see.

******

There is a flash flood watch in effect for Clark, Lincoln and Ny counties tonight. The weather is 10 degrees cooler. Right now I'm looking at a cloudy sky. The elm tree is gone and I can see a lot more of the sky. I notice the way the clouds look more then I did with the elm there.

I'm not looking forward to the flash flooding, however, since I'm not planning on going any place I doubt that it will affect me too much. I'm going to have to see that my car windows are rolled up. Also, I need to see that the doors are locked. I think someone has been sleeping at the side of the house at night, but I can't be sure. There are indications sometimes that someone sleeps in the side yard because there is trash there, but the trash could be the results of the wind.

I do not intention to check the strange noises I hear at the side of the house. I'll make sure all the doors and windows are secure. I'll make sure the car is locked and the windows rolled up. I'm not going to check strange noises unless I have a huge dog with me or a baseball bat. I haven't told Mom about the possibility of someone sleeping in the yard. She hears strange noises as well, but she hasn't thought of people sleeping in the yard.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597545-As-evening-approaches