*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599194-Favre-Is-Back
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#599194 added July 29, 2008 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Favre Is Back!
If what Chris Mortenson reports is true, Brett Favre will be in Packer's training camp on Wednesday.

The necessary reinstatement paperwork was filed with the league today, according to ESPN's Mortenson. There is speculation Favre will not take the field when training resumes Wednesday morning, for those prying eyes hoping to see him show up. It's likely he'll take a physical at the team facilities, while GM Thompson buys more time to plan his next move.

Fans might not see Favre until Friday, if Thompson can't work out a trade or some other scenario to avoid a media frenzy at Clark Hinkle Field, or anywhere else in Green Bay.

Now, does Favre actually show up? He could get fined 15 grand a day if he doesn't. Thompson would gladly waive that fee, if it would prevent number four from suiting up. And then, what to do with him when he arrives. Practice with the second team? The end of the field that seldom gets attention like the kids table at Thanksgiving will be packed with fans and reporters, while McCarthy and company will try to get to work with the first team in the middle of the field.

This could be a lopsided affair. Friday should be the target date, if Favre lays cleat to grass with his old crew. Now, does this ex-reporter jump in the fray and get a prime seat for this? I will watch in the coming days to see how this plays out. I might take my son and daughter with me tomorrow and try to get an eyeful of what goes on. I'm sure training camp will be abuzz, unlike the lackluster first day of training camp.

Let the circus begin!


© Copyright 2008 I Don’t Like My Name (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
I Don’t Like My Name has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599194-Favre-Is-Back