*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599298-Day-3-Task-1-Twin-Talk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455703
Contains Authors Spotlight Tasks
#599298 added July 30, 2008 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3, Task 1: Twin Talk
“Rodger, Barbra called about an hour ago.”

“What’d she want, Ronald?”

“She said you had a date tonight, but that you would have to pick her up at 7:30 PM instead of 7:00 PM.”


“Damn!”

“You can’t pick her up at 7:30 or did you forget about the date, Little Brother?”

“I forgot about the date, Ron. And don’t remind me that I’m two seconds younger then you.”

“So, Rod, do you mind if I keep the date as you?”

“Have I ever minded before?”

“No, Rod, but it’s only polite to ask.”

“It would even be more polite if you asked Barbra if she minded.”

“Are you having second thoughts about my little masquerade with Barbra the gorgeous barbarian?”

“You like going out with Barbra, don’t you?”

“She’s one wild woman when we’re alone!”

“True, but she’s too wild for me tonight, Ron, besides I have a business dinner at the El Paso Club.”

“So she hasn’t figured out we’re twins yet, has she, Rod?”

“No, Brother, she thinks I have a split personality. Apparently, you like dressing up as Robin Hood much better then I do.”

“That’s not what she’s got planned tonight, Rod.”

“What costume did she want me to bring?”

“She didn’t say anything about a costume. She asked if I wanted Prime Rib or Steak Tartar.”
.
“Which on did you choose?”

“Prime rib, of course… what are you laughing about?”

“You’d better pack a bag, Ron; she’s taking you out of town?”

“Where?”

“Probably to Las Vegas.”

“Why?”

“You asked for Prime Rib and Barbra says the only decent cut of prime rib is at some casino in Vegas.”

“Great a free trip to Vegas with Barbra the Barbarian, what more could a man ask?”

“Just stay sober and don’t marry her, Ronald.”

“Why would I do a foolish thing like that?”

“Vegas is the marriage capital of the world, Barbra has been hinting at a more permanent relationship, and you, Brother, have a tendency to do foolish and stupid things when you’re drunk.”

“Rodger…”

“Ronald, if you marry her, she will find out we’re twins, then she’ll get even for the little trick we’ve been playing on her for the past year. Believe me, Brother, you don’t want her getting even with either of us. We will all be much happier if she never finds out that you and I are twins.”
© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599298-Day-3-Task-1-Twin-Talk