*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599588-33-is-the-new-32
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#599588 added July 31, 2008 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
33 is the new 32
Waking up this morning to the rash of texts, emails, phone calls, c-Notes and merit badges could only mean one thing: I made it through another year able to kiss daylight.

Big props to my girl hailey for the coolest surprise birthday gift ever. If you haven't done so yet, please visit
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1455145 by Not Available.
for a slice of cake and leave a message; if you've already been there stop back and read my thanks to all of you, and give some love to Hailey also. Thank you so much girl...you rock! *Kiss*

Thanks to every single one of you for your thoughts, c-Notes, merit badges, texts and kind words. You made what would otherwise be a regular day to this cat positively extraordinary *Bigsmile*. You don't know what it means to me or how good it feels. It's one of those things that's so rare I'm at a loss to describe it and I don't know how to thank you.

So how am I celebrating? Low-key. I probably won't do the family thing until next weekend actually, because my aunt and uncle are spending the summer at their cottage and my dad goes on the weekends and comes back on mondays, but I have stupid jury duty next monday so I need to be here for that. That's why everything seems so extra special; with a family unit that's basically disintegrated, I'm thankful I got to spend the day with the amazing people that you are. It really means a lot to me, all that you've done. *Blush* It's very humbling.

So here's my final birthday outburst and candle-blowing wish: I see a lot of people everyday going out of their way to make nice for people because it's their "special day". Fair enough. But imagine what the world would be like if we treated everyone like every day was their birthday. I'm not saying you have to buy cards and bake cakes and send c-Notes and watch pole-dancers go all-out, but just take care of each other, ya know? Sometimes, and I know it sounds cliché but you'll have that, a little goes a long way. There are lots of ways to make someone's day that don't require much effort. Be creative and you can make a difference in anyone's life at any time.

So from the top of my hathead, the middle of my thin chest and the short trip down to the cracks in the soles of my sandals, a most sincere and heartfelt thanks. Y'all are 141% awesome and all 5'6" of me is bursting with pride and amazement.

Peace. *Heart*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599588-33-is-the-new-32