*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600623-Alright-lets-do-this
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#600623 added August 6, 2008 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
Alright, let's do this.
If you see something, say something. Don't know why that's stuck in my head. I think it's a Public Enemy song...may have to deal with the stacks of cds I've been avoiding keeping organized. Not much goin' down in the 'Lo lately, so I present a hodgepodge of life, love, stress and setbacks.

*Bullet* A correction: National Night Out in Depew was last night, not Monday. I don't think I can share my disappointment about showing up in the sweat-evoking sunshine not just Monday, but way too early on Tuesday and having to go home and walk back. But I got a t-shirt out of it, met some people and overall enjoyed volunteering at a community function.

*Bullet* Got a ride home from her honor the Mayor, who noticed the smell of skunks near the park. Everyone's so worried about rats; meanwhile mama skunks seem to have taken up a bit stronger presence in the area. Specifically, somewhere in the upstairs neighbors' hallway. The scent occasionally drifts into the front rooms of my apartment, which happens to be in the front of the house. The Mayor claims she has smelled them up as far as her 3rd floor bedroom. Something needs to be done.

*Bullet* Got in touch not only with best friend Dave the 13th Apostle, but with a neighbor who can scoot me over to the unemployment office tomorrow to sort some shit out and get my benefits restored. Hopefully DavidMFM can still hang out Friday morning.

*Bullet* Z.˚rz 's blog has been very educational as of late. Time to turn the country on its ear and get some kind of revolution going.

*Bullet* Speaking of blogs, I want to vacation like Julie D - PUBLISHED! , because she's fallen off the face of WDC's earthnet. What a war would that be, between all of us National League East team supporters...me and the Mets, her and the Phillies, and janieruthryals and the Braves. Not to forget Zack and his NL Central Cardinals. Baseball is heating up. I love this time of year. But I hope Julie's ok and doing well. I can probably speak for a lot of you and say that she's missed.

*Bullet* Actor Morgan Freeman gets into a bad car accident, and his injuries get detailed. Meanwhile, his companion (? I assume...the article does not state if it was a one-car crash) is made mention of only when noted that they used the Jaws of Life to free them from the several-times-flipped vehicle. Maybe playing God in a mediocre movie set supposedly in Buffalo has its priveledges.

*Bullet* CWC update (for those who actually give a shit): Not much to say. Monday I went in there late in the afternoon, it was busy and she came in off break. I went to the primary register as to avoid her at the secondary register. I got a "hey" and she got a "'sup". No blood, no foul.

*Bullet* Speaking of Buffalo, remember Archie comic books? I loved them as a kid, and typically outgrew them, only to rediscover them once in a fleeting moment as a teen. Well, The Buffalo News is reporting that the latest issue of Archie's comic book friend Jughead will be set in The 'Lo at The National Buffalo Wing Festival, and it includes several local references. How sweet is that? Snatch up your copy now, then crash on my couch the weekend of Aug. 30 and 31 to get that signed by the issue's writer, Craig Boldman, at this year's Wingfest. Only don't call them Buffalo Wings. Please. Chinese people in America don't call it "Chinese food" when they're ordering their native grub for takeout, so be respectful and call it what it really is...chicken wings. B-Lo represent!

*Bullet* Finally, I gotta big-up my girl In Your Dirtiest Pants , my favorite Canadian, because like me she has no cable tv but can't see the awesome musical guests we States residents can on regular broadcast tv. Spoon on Saturday Night Live this past weekend, Atmosphere with a killer performance on Letterman last week, and Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) tonight on Jay Leno. Hope your youtube is nice to you.

That's all I got for now. Stay classy WDC. Wave your hands in the air like you're happy to have hands and I'll wave my hands back like I'm happy that people read this before I calmly peace out into the night.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600623-Alright-lets-do-this